While Mae West is still in her fiber prime, like her sister Atlanta, her roots tie closely to Peru. She is the granddaughter of PCA Accoyo El Nino and is a third-generation from the Peruvian alpacas’ arrival to the United States.
Mae West’s 2019 EPDs have her in the Top 10% and Top 25% for multiple categories:
- Average Fiber Diameter (AFD) = Top 25%
- Standard Deviation (SDAFD) = Top 10%
- Spin Fineness (SF) = Top 25%
- Percentage of Fibers > 30 Microns (%F>30) = Top 25%
- Mean Curvature (MC) = Top 10%
- Fiber Weight (FW) = Top 10%
With 10+ years of fiber production available, she would make an excellent addition to a fiber farm.