Star is only three generations from the arrival of Peruvian alpacas to the United States. She is a great mix of Peruvian Hemingway and PCA Accoyo El Nino genetics. Her 2019 EPDs still rank her in the top 1% and 5% for most categories:
- Average Fiber Diameter (AFD) = Top 1%
- Standard Deviation (SDAFD) = Top 10%
- Spin Fineness (SF) = Top 1%
- Percentage of Fibers > 30 Microns (%F>30) = Top 5%
- Mean Curvature (MC) = Top 1%
- % Medullated Fibers (%M) = Top 10%
Star is a perfect fiber girl for a hobby farm, as she has a good 12 years left of fiber production.