Mae West’s roots tie closely to Peru. She is the granddaughter of PCA Accoyo El Nino and is a third-generation from the Peruvian alpacas’ arrival to the United States.
Mae West’s 2019 EPDs have her in the Top 10% and Top 25% for multiple categories:
- Average Fiber Diameter (AFD) = Top 25%
- Standard Deviation (SDAFD) = Top 10%
- Spin Fineness (SF) = Top 25%
- Percentage of Fibers > 30 Microns (%F>30) = Top 25%
- Mean Curvature (MC) = Top 10%
- Fiber Weight (FW) = Top 10%
With 10+ years of fiber production available, she would make an excellent addition to a fiber farm.
Mae is our resident kisser. Truth be told, she is the queen of kisses. On any given day she will give one to five kisses depending on her mood. Some kisses come with a mouth of water and other kisses are full of hay. Some kisses you see coming and some surprise you. Mae West is a lovable alpaca, and no matter what her mood, she is eager to interact and share her love.