- Please let us know your preferred date and time for the tour and we will do our best to accommodate.
- Advanced booking is required for attendance.
- Each guided tour is about one hour long.
- You will be provided with a pouch of alpaca feed to share with your new friends. Additional feed is available for sale inside the farm store for $1/bag.
- The farm store will be open and available for shopping after your tour.
- Due to the limited capacity of tours, purchases are nonrefundable.
- Tours are performed outside, so please remember to dress warmly in spring and fall.
- If the weather looks rainy, bring along an umbrella.
Tour Rules And Regulations
- Since this is a working farm, outside animals are not allowed on the farm. For the safety of our herd, there are no exceptions to this rule.
- Smoking, vaping, and e-cigarettes are prohibited.
- No outside food or drink while visiting the farm. Alpacas can become deathly ill if given outside food.
- Please be kind to the alpacas and Lucy the llama. Do not tease, hit, or throw objects at the animals.
- Please prevent children from running while inside the alpaca paddocks. This will cause havoc and interfere with the enjoyment of other participants.
Directions To The Farm
Cotton Creek Farms is located on the border of Buckley and Thompsonville, which is about 20 minutes south of Traverse City.
Major crossroads are Jewell Road and County Line Road. View on Google Maps.
If you are staying at Crystal Mountain, the main road coming out of the resort turns into County Line Road. You’re just a few miles and one quick turn onto Jewell Road to find the alpaca farm.
Participant Agreement Release And Assumption Of Risk
Alpacas are very docile animals and they are also curious. They’ll want to meet you as much as you’ll want to meet them. But they are also livestock and they have instinctual behaviors that need to be acknowledged.
In an effort to keep everyone safe during the alpaca tour, we will provide instruction on how best to interact with the alpacas. We’ll need you to adhere to these instructions so you can have a wonderful experience and so our alpacas will enjoy your visit too.
Sometimes the humans become excited and forget our instructions. And for these moments, we a waiver is in place for all tour attendees. Please note your purchase of a tour ticket is your acceptance for terms and assumption of risk.
In consideration of the touring, interactive, and retail services of Cotton Creek Farms LLC (locations of activity shown in Paragraph 7 below), their agents, owners, officers, volunteers, participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting in any capacity on their behalf (hereinafter collectively referred to as “CCF”), I hereby agree to release, indemnify, and discharge CCF, on behalf of myself, my spouse, my children, my parents, my heirs, assigns, personal representative and estate (hereinafter collectively referred to as “my family”) as follows:
1. I acknowledge that interacting with farm animals (including exotic and wild species) entails known and unanticipated risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without jeopardizing the essential qualities of the activity.
The risks include, among other things: contact with livestock, domesticated and wild animals, plants and exposure to the elements. Any animal, regardless of its training and usual past behavior, may act unpredictably at times based upon instinct or fright which may cause you to be hurt by the animal or by simply become afraid of the animal or surroundings. Animals may do such things as bite, kick, lie down, stumble, run, roll, stomp, rear up or any other action which may cause fear or harm. Animals may also have dug holes or otherwise disturbed the ground, fencing or surroundings which could cause hazards which are not unusual on a farm/ranch.
Furthermore, CCF employees/owners have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but they are not infallible. They might be unaware of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather or other environmental conditions. They may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree and promise to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My Family’s participation in this activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate, in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless CCF from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with My Family’s participation in this activity or our use of CCF’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of CCF.
4. Should CCF, or anyone acting on their behalf, be required to incur attorney’s fees and costs to enforce this agreement, I agree to indemnify and hold them harmless for all such fees and costs.
5. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage My Family may cause or suffer while participating, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself. I further certify that I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition My Family may have.
6. In the event that I file a lawsuit against CCF, I agree to do so solely in the state of Michigan, and I further agree that the substantive law of Michigan shall apply in that action without regard to the conflict of law rules of that state. I agree that if any portion of this agreement is found to be void or unenforceable, the remaining document shall remain in full force and effect.
7. I also acknowledge that CCF activities are performed at the address of CCF which is 11885 Jewell Road, Thompsonville, MI 49683.
By signing this document, I acknowledge that if any of My Family is hurt or CCF property is damaged during my participation in this activity, I may be found by a court of law to have waived my right to maintain a lawsuit against CCF on the basis of any claim from which I have released them herein. I have had sufficient opportunity to read this entire document.